Fire & Explosion Investigation
Scene documentation and origin and cause investigation. CFEI, engineers and investigators, CVFI and CFII.
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigators
- Origin and Cause with Full Testing Capabilities.
- Extensive Experience with Electric and Gas Utility Companies
- Shipboard Fire Experts, both Military and Commercial
- Historical Code Review Expertise
- Registered Professional Engineers on Staff to Assist O&C Experts
Gas & Water Pipeline Distribution System
- Extensive Knowledge of Utility Company Procedures and Standards
- Leak Testing and Equipment Testing Capabilities
- Gas Migration Evaluation
- Gas Collection and Evaluation Capabilities
- Meter and Regulator Inspection
Water Intrusion & Mold Inspection
Origin and cause of the water intrusion and mold growth analysis.
- Foundation Inspection
- Water Divergence System Inspection
- Moisture Measurement and Testing
- Humidity and HVAC Inspection
- Weather and Temperature Related Pipe Failure
- Mold Growth and Damage Inspection
Roof & Chimney Damage & Failure Inspection
Roof damage evaluation caused by weather related events, age, fraud claims, etc.
- Wind, Lightening, and Hail Damage Inspection
- Simulated Damage and Fraud Inspection
- Material and Manufacturing Defect Analysis
- Construction and Design Analysis
- Chimney Structure/Component Failure Investigations
- Code and Standard Evaluation
Machinery & Mechanical Accidents & Failures
Examination of failed machinery, gas and fluid distribution systems, utility equipment and other mechanical systems.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System Failures
- Industrial Machinery Accidents including Personal Injury and Loss of Life Inspection
- OSHA and Other Code and Standards Evaluation
- Manufacturing Facility Failures
- Automotive Failures including Recall Investigation
- Maritime System Failures
Structural & Construction Accidents & Failures
- Weather Related Damage Inspection
- Structural Collapse Investigation
- Construction Defects and Design Error Inspection
- Foundation Failures
- Electrical Fire Causation
- Circuit Board and Other Electronics Failure
- Residential and Commercial Electrical Systems Failure
- Electrocutions and Personal Injury
- Code and Standards Evaluation
Personal Injury Claims
Documentation and examination of slip and fall claims, safety and OSHA regulations, and fraudulent claims.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Industrial Accidents and OSHA Violation Cases
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Code and Standards Inspection of Walkways and Entrances
- Lighting Survey
- Personal Protection Equipment Failure Investigation
- Construction and Other Occupational Injury Investigation
Sprinkler System Inspections
Evaluation of sprinkler system failures and determination of proper installment.
- Insulation and Temperature Related Failure
- Sprinkler Head and Equipment Inspection
- Water Damage Inspection
- Proper Installation Evaluation
- Code and Standards Evaluation
- Corrosion Inspection
Computational Analysis & 3D CAD Modeling
Computational fluid analysis. Finite element analysis. Fire and explosion simulation. 3D CAD modeling.
- 3D CAD Modeling and Rendering
- 3D Simulation and Testing
- Stress and Strain Evaluation
- Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, and Heat Transfer Modeling, Simulation, and Evaluation
- Fire and Smoke Modeling and Evaluation
- Force and Pressure Modeling and Computation
Documentation, evaluation, and investigation of incidents that involve automotive, locomotive, and maritime vehicles.
- Speed and Impact Calculations
- 3D Scene Reconstruction
- Vehicle Recall, Defect, Abuse, and Other Failure Research and Evaluation
- Commercial Fleet Accidents and Failures including Large Trucks and Equipment
- Construction and Heavy Duty Equipment Failures
Black Box Recovery
Data recovery , evaluation, and accident reconstruction for most makes and models.
- Compatible with Most Automotive Manufacturers
- Accident Reconstruction and Data Evaluation
Original Equipment Manufacturer Product Analysis
Product evaluation, testing, and analysis. OEM, design critique, code/standard validation.
- Product Evaluation
- Assembly Failure Analysis and Design Critique
Advanced Imagery Capabilities
360 degree imaging and microscopic imaging and evaluation.
- High Definition Photography
- 360 Degree Imaging
- Microscopic Imaging and Evaluation
- SEM Evaluation
- Aerial Photography and Video Capture
- Active Motion Capture
- Boroscopic Imaging
Metallurgical & Material Sciences
Examination of material fatigue, fractures, corrosion, stresses and strains, alloy/material identification, and many other material evaluations.
- Alloy/Material Identification
- Plastic and Composite Analysis
- Wood & Lumber Material Analysis
- SEM and Microscopic Evaluation
- Stresses & Strains, Strengths, and Fatigue Analysis
- Corrosion, Thermal, and Fatigue Failure Analysis
- In-House Laboratory Testing
REC has a team of professionals that can provide litigation and mediation support with experience in the courtroom, evidence, and depositions.
- Courtroom Experienced Experts
- Subrogation Experience
- Testimony Experience
- Deposition Experience
- Proper Chain of Custody Procedures
Standards & Codes Validation
REC acknowledges the importance of understanding the proper codes and standards and takes it into account with every case.
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Electric Code
- International Codes
- International Code Council
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Evidence Collection & Preservation
- Evidence Collection and Secured Storage